St Michael, Smethcote
Rebuilt in 1850 at a cost of approx. £650 this church sits on a hill with magnificent views and was originally part of a motte and bailey complex.
The roof structure is held together by wooden dowels there being no iron in the building. The stone font is Norman or earlier. Young people are particularly welcome and there is a newly provided play area at the rear of the nave.
The church is open during the day and visitors are warmly welcomed.
For more information about the church visit http://www.picklescott.org.uk/church.htm
Detailed information on Smethcote church on the Picklescott website.